Financial service firms are gradually allowing their advisors and reps to have social networking privileges; however, not all firms understand the value of social networking and how to use it effectively. Compliance departments focus on creating policies about what their advisors can’t do with social media, leaving a large gray area about what they can do. This causes many of them to shy away from utilizing social media as a resource to connect and establish relationships.
Our tech-dependent society can agree that social media has staying power. Advisors should adapt, or risk being left behind. Social Media Isn’t Magic – It’s About Staying Human on the Internet lists the benefits of social media outreach. Social media:
- Multiplies your reach with current and potential customers.
- Generates more traffic towards company websites and blog.
- Harnesses the power of global communications.
- Helps you connect emotionally with your audience.
- Aligns a marketing strategy with online channels.
- Skyrockets the conversation rate.
- Mingles you with the party.
- Increases business leads.
- Is a means of expression that makes possible for clients, communities, and brands to “stay human.”